Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What's in the CD Changer

Bearing in mind that my wife drives the car more often I do, some of CDs belong to her.

1. Top Gear: The Ultimate Driving Experience



This is a 2-disc CD, probably a follow-up to this one



If you recall, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and David May actually asked viewers in one of th programmes to contribute what the viewers thought was the best music for driving. And I think that culminated into these 2 CD releases.

On CD 1, Track 1 "I Like The Way" is great for crossing the Maktoum Bridge against the flow of the traffic jam, coz I'm moving while the opposite side is stuck in the jam. I also like Track 3 "Somewhere Only We Know", Track 7 "Sunshine of Your Love", Track 11 "In The Shadows" for cruising on Sheikh Zayed Road with the sunroof open. All in all, great music for driving, not great if you're stick in a jam.

2. Claude Challe: Best Of



This is a 3 CD collection. I think we got ripped off for this one when we bought it at the Virgin Megastore. When we saw it back in Singapore, it was half the price at HMV. My wife and I particularly liked Track 2 on CD 1, "And I Love Her", originally from the Beatles, but performed in Spanish by Jose Alberto, whom they call "El Canario" or The Canary. Absolutely spellbinding. The rest of the tracks on all 3 CDs are great for the chill-out fans.

3. Ronan Keating: Bring You Home



The missus like Ronan Keating. I suppose its great if you're stuck in the jam with this one. It becomes good background music to me. The 1st 2 tracks aren't too bad, but I suppose not many people will agree.

Will probably stock up on more CD when we get back to Singapore. If anyone has any recommendations, please leave your comments.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home